Car and Truck Battery Maintenance Tips:
- Check your battery every now and then to make sure its terminal connections are clean, snug, and protected from the elements. Signs of corrosion or leakage could mean that your battery is no longer operating as well as it should.
- Always unplug accessories and turn off lights when your car is turned off.
- Keep the battery in cooler places whenever possible. Heat damages batteries.
- Scrub corrosion from the terminals with a solution of water and baking soda.
Preventative Car Battery Maintenance:
- Secure the hold-down bar. This ensures that your battery is snugly seated and will help minimize vibration which can be detrimental to certain types of batteries.
- Routinely test your battery to make sure it is correctly charged. This allows you to recharge your battery, if needed, to maintain its peak performance. It's important for your battery's health to get it tested twice a year to keep it at its optimal performance level.
- Be sure to read and follow all safety and handling instructions on the battery and this website.